- Mrs Bronagh Bradley
- Mr Sean Finn
We currently offer GCSE Sociology following the AQA specification. GCSE Sociology helps students develop a wide range of knowledge and understanding about society, and how sociologists study and understand its structures, processes and issues.
Modules delivered in Year 11
- The sociological approach
- Sociological research methods
- The sociology of families
- The sociology of education
Modules delivered in Year 12
- Sociological research Methods
- Social Stratification
- The Sociology of Crime and Deviance
GCSE Sociology is a linear course – Paper 1 and Paper 2 will be sat at the end of Year 12. Both written examinations are 1 hour 45 mins and consist of a mix of multiple choice, short and extended written response questions. Each paper is marked out of 100 and worth 50% of overall GCSE.